Friday 23 October 2015

How to rib stitch





I have been very busy making patterns I seem to be churning out ideas faster than I can make them!
So today's pattern is a super simple gauntlet style which consists of mainly two styles the ordinary double crochet, crazy easy stitch I will be making a post explaining them if your new to crochet. The other stitch is a rib stitch dun dun dun....
So here's a secret, it's not that hard I'd rate it a simple stitch because it's really that easy. First let me apologise for my 'art' it's the best I can manage I'm afraid so let's laugh now before we get serious here is my artsy gloves above.






Nailed it, right? Haha ok back to serious

So here's how it's made you start with a chain easy right?


Now all you need to do is triple crochet in every chain space.

Demonstrated with two colours showing your individual trebles 


Now the rib part. So you have your loop still on your hook now wrap your yarn around your hook once, tuck your hook in the front of your space and weave around the back of your first rows treble crochet and pop your hook back out the next space.


 Wrap yarn over hook pull through two spaces resulting in 3 loops on hook. Again wrap yarn around hook and pull through two loops. Ok one last time yarn around hook and back through last two loops. Now just do that in reverse on the next treble crochet on first row. And now you know how to rib.
One more shocking drawing just for fun

As you can sort of see when done right your front rib looks like one long line whereas your back rib has a line horizontally breaking it up.
 I use this stitch so often on dog coats as the neckline to stop gaping, hats edging to stop rolling and as above on gloves to keep wrists snuggly now go and enjoy your new stitch. And for curiosity sake let me know if you managed to wrap your head around the rib stitch. Or just say hi, we'd like to know there's people out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment