Monday 26 October 2015

Removing curry oil out of clothes

How to remove that curry stain on your shirt



Here's something new for you, I love curry. Not that awful coconut drowned mess. Oh no. Spice and huge chunks of chicken that is hot enough to leave your lips tingle? Out of the way that's got my name on.
But seriously in our house  flat it's a big hit. Unfortunately where there's a curry chances are there's a spillage either a blob that escaped and was caught running down your chin or worse, yes there's a worse, it lands on your lady shelf/chest depending what your blessed with. Now previously you'd take that shirt back put of the washer only to find the stain has taken up residence and is going nowhere. So there's two option kiss the shirt goodbye and use it for dish rags or sew a badge over it so no one can see it.

Well not anymore, if you've been following us you'll know I love oliva soap. Yes that again. Well apparently it has another talent, removing set in oil stains. No I'm serious.

I was wondering after reading about washing oily skin with oil (maybe another day) and it was mentioned that like attracts like meaning oil pulls out oils which led to me thinking whether it would work. A few weeks after I was sorting the washing, a hated chore, I noticed ma mooses  jim jams had oil on them.
GREAT I can try it out and she won't mind if I ruin them because they're very old meaning an excuse to buy more.
I hobbled off grabbed my chili pepper of soap. Yano the little smudged up sliver of soap that gets ignored which, in the case of oliva soap anyways, seemed to resemble a pepper with its shape and green colour. All it took was dampening the soap and stained area rubbing up a lather and throwing the pj's back into the washer, I even used a cool setting.

I honestly wasn't expecting it to work but it was worth a try, now we have a sliver in the kitchen for these purposes. It really works, unfortunately we then noticed they'd developed a hole in the bum  (too much tooting) and they were banished to a life of dusting in rags.

Point is oliva soap is the best ever, please also note I don't work for oliva or anything I just love finding magic products that do so much but without the chemicals or huge price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment