Wednesday 4 November 2015

Bonfire nights and pets

Here's how I help my terrified dog through bonfire night 


Every year the neighbours go firework crazy for what feels like forever. Don't get me wrong I love watching the sparkles in the sky BUT it scares my dog so much that I hope people have to buy a licence to use fireworks or they become restricted to organised events only.

My first step is to put his jumper on. It's nothing fancy only a simple jumper I crocheted for him. Nothing fancy just a small rectangle large square and rib stitched neckline. It really helps because it feels like a reassurance to him.

Next step I drug him. Not anything serious its a simple (stinky ) liquid. I use dorwest valerian compound which basically makes him kind of stoned. Calms him down more, yay.

Final step is to make a den. Nothing crazy I set up a dog crate fill it with bedding and soft comfy bits. I top it off with a blanket over the top to make a dark space.

Super easy and effective. There is some other things you can do such as turn radio or TV up a little, cracking put the squeeze toys or ply your dog's with juicy bones or sweeties.

Remember fireworks must stop at 11pm or your breaking the law and at midnight on November 5th. Don't be that guy that goes all night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment