Wednesday 10 February 2016

Crutch comfies free pattern

As you may know I have a chronic illness.
Sometimes this illness prevents me leaving the house other days I walk like the average able bodied person. Unfortunately I spend a lot of time walking with an aid. My crutch (cane to some of you) tends to leave me with a ton of pain in my hand. It also leaves me with bruises on occasion, talk about insult to injuries.

To combat this I've adapted my own stick with easily removable crutch comfies, they work up fast and actually help my pain. I've decided to share this pattern with you for free.

This pattern is free to use but not to be used to make items for sale. You may use it to give finished item as a gift but not for profit. Items can be made and given to charity. Do not take the pattern and claim it as your own, that's just rude.

I always line the handle with a foam pipe cover, I pick up a pack of two from the pound shop and cut them down to size 1 pipe makes approximately 5 to 6 covers.

My crutches are standard size issued from hospital or bought online for £20 per pair



CRUTCH COMFIES.
I used 1 strand of seriously chunky and 1 of dk together at the same time dk is optional for the cuff.
    CANE CUFF seriously chunk and dk, 8mm hook
Row 1, magic circle, ch2, 9hdc in circle. Place stitch marker.(10sts)
Row2, (1dc, 2hdc) repeat to end of row. (16sts)
Row3-9, 1hdc in each stitch around.
Row 10, 1 hdc around up to 1 stitch from end, 1sc. Tie off and weave in ends.

BUTTON FASTENING STRAP. 3mm hook, dk wool
Row 1 Chain 27, hdc in 3rd chain from hook, 1dc in each stitch to end, ch2 and turn
Row 2, 1 hdc every stitch to end, ch2 turn
Row 3, 1 hdc for 3 stitches, chain 4 skip 2 stitches, 1 hdc in each stitch to end, ch2 turn
Row 4, 1dc to chain space, 3 hdc in chain space, 1hdc in every stitch to end, ch2 turn
Row 5, 1 hdc across Ch2 turn
Repeat row 2-5 again to create second button hole
Tie off leaving a long tail, sew to cane cuff at end WITHOUT BUTTON HOLES. Weave in ends

BUTTON STRAP. 3mm hook dk wool
Row 1, Ch12, hdc in 3rd chain from hook, hdc in each stitch to end, chain2 turn
Row 2-10, 1hdc to end, ch2 turn

Leaving a long tail sew to opposite side of cuff.
Sew 2 buttons to this piece.

Slip on to cane and button around the stick.



Make sure to follow our Facebook page here:https://www.facebook.com/Littleboxofnothing/
Alternatively you can join the group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/870280689692141/
Or hit the follow button along the side of our homepage to make sure you don't miss a pattern/post.

No comments:

Post a Comment