Saturday 16 May 2015

Squash dog chews result

I lately decided to make my own dog treats and food, I'm not strict about it yet but I will be when I move into the flat with ma moose and our petting zoo. The best place I know to search is pinterest when it comes to ideas, that's where I found the idea for chewy squash strips. I already was using the squash so thought I'd give it a go. I threw my peelings onto a baking tray and shoved them in the oven, due to my illness I can't be left to cook for too long on my own, accidents happen often. So after an unknown time ma moose comes running in because she thinks a tea towels on fire, turns out I'd burnt the first lot. The dogs, guinea pigs and budgies snubbed them. Told you it was a petting zoo. This time I had half a sweet potato left from lasagna so I decided to have another bash, I cut them in small 1cmx1cm cubes and like before threw them on a bake tray, I also forgot about these but luckily they didn't burn and came out squidgy. Replies to the post with the recipe/ideas all said "my dogs loved these".  Maybe my pups are weird but 3/4 turned these cubes down too, my pomchi didn't so I thought maybe i'll make them again from leftovers for her. NOT happening. Little rat was taking them chewing them flat and shoving them between the sofa, squash chew treats are definitely off the list! Maybe if we get chickens they'll appreciate my efforts more...

No comments:

Post a Comment