Tuesday 12 April 2016

Crochet lite hooks review

Recently during a sad I decided to treat myself to a new set of posh hooks because the only thing I know to cheer myself up is a present from the postman.

It took around a month for my new hooks to be delivered here in the uk. I ordered mine from amazon because their was a sale on and I got the full set for just over £30 without the sale the set of 9 would cost twice that and I just can't justify paying that much, I was wounded paying 30. And most of that cost was shipping due to the fact that they contain batteries.

Ok so on to the hook themselves. Brand new they are crazy bright, they easily outshine my torch which I picked up cheap but for a tiny hook I did not expect such a massive glow. The crazy bright lasts about 4 hours but even when it dulls down its still bright enough to crochet black yarn by and for me to see to write my patterns as I go. Love this because my best work is done at 12am.
The handle is a little strange compared to my other chunky grip hooks as it's a little more flat. After 10 minutes the flat grip seemed to be better for my hands during a big bout of pain courtesy of my chronic illness. (Pain won't stop me crafting!)
The hook section is made of plastic so needs working in a little, when it's new it sort of sticks a little, my yarn didn't glide too well but after a short period of time the resistance was gone and my yarn was gliding the way it does on my other hooks.

I honestly am so glad I bought these. At first I wasn't sure but now I never leave without my pencil case of glowing hooks. If you can't don't want to jump in headfirst like I did you could always buy the one in your favourite size, if you don't like it sell it on. But I'm pretty sure if you give it chance it'll become a valued part of your excessive number of hooks. It's ok, we all have a couple duplicate sizes or sets.

Have you tried them already? Feel free to leave your opinion, help your fellow hooks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment